Connections4life Forum Index Connections4life
Online Support Communtiy

Connections4life 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

They dont bother me. I dont hear them. I like pitching in th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Connections4life Forum Index -> Introductions & Personal stories About Living With A Chronic Illness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wangshi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: They dont bother me. I dont hear them. I like pitching in th Reply with quote

BRISBANE, Australia - Canadian Milos Raonic fired 34 aces to grind out a 6-7 (4), 7-6 (4), 7-6 (4) win over second-seeded Kei Nishikori on Saturday to reach the Brisbane International final. Pierre Pilote Jersey .The third-seeded Raonic appeared to grow in confidence as the match progressed, earning three match points with an ace in the third tiebreaker and then clinching it in 2 1/2 hours with a stunning forehand service return.It was his second win in six head-to-heads with Nishikori, who beat him in five sets in the fourth round at the U.S. Open en route to the final and again in the final of the tournament in Tokyo last year.Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., will play the final against the winner of the later match between No. 1-seeded Roger Federer and No. 4 Grigor Dimitrov.Weve played many times now, its always been a long one, said Raonic, who concentrated on improving his serve over the off-season.Neither player dropped serve in the match, meaning Nishikori exited the tournament without dropping a service game.Eventually, though, the quick points Raonic was able to pick up on his booming serve made the difference.The Canadian backed up his serve with 64 winners, twice as many as Nishikori, and had 38 unforced errors as he pushed the limits.Each set turned on one error at the same stage of the tiebreakers.Nishikori forced an error with a powerful service return in the first for a 5-4 lead. He served a double-fault in the second to give Raonic the 5-4 advantage with two serves to close.Raonic got set point with a wide, kicking second serve that took Nishikori out of court and followed it up with a forehand winner.Nishikori rushed to a floating backhand and over-hit it, allowing Raonic to level at 1-1.The tiebreaker was on serve until Nishikori missed a forehand with the court wide open, and Raonic took over from there.No. 1-seeded Maria Sharapova was playing No. 2 Ana Ivanovic in the womens final Saturday night.Venus Williams won her first title of the year when she recovered from a set and a break down for a 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 win over top-seeded Carolina Wozniacki in the final of the ASB Classic at Auckland, New Zealand.Her sister, Serena Williams, was aiming for a third Hopman Cup title when she partnered John Isner in the U.S. team against Poland in the final later Saturday in Perth, Australia. Stan Mikita Jersey . Week 2s biggest games include Florida facing Miami and Notre Dame travelling to the Big House to conclude their rivalry against Michigan in primetime on TSN2 and TSN 1050. Clark Griswold Jersey . The lightning strike was in the parking lot of Crew Stadium on Saturday night, but its not known if the off-duty lieutenant was struck directly, Columbus Fire Department Battalion Chief Tracy Smith said. The firefighter, identified as Lt. http://www.officialblackhawksauthority.com/jonathan-toews-blackhawks-jersey-c-6/ . - After sewage backups, toilet overflows and foul smells surfaced the past two years, nothing at the Oakland Coliseum surprises the home team anymore.MIAMI - This time when the game ended, the only gesture from Jonathan Papelbon was a fist pump.Papelbon, pitching for the first time since he grabbed his crotch and received a seven-game suspension, earned his 38th save with a scoreless ninth inning Wednesday to help the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Miami Marlins 2-1.Did it look like I had rust? he said. I didnt feel rust.The game was Papelbons first since he blew a save against the Marlins on Sept. 14 and lost his composure when he was booed coming off the field. He grabbed himself in response, and then bumped umpire Joe West.His resulting suspension ended Sunday.It has been boring, it has been aggravating, Papelbon said. I play the game because I want to get in there as many nights as I can. It has been rough. It has been bad. I just really had to try to put Joe West in the back of my mind and carry on, even though I feel like I got the raw end of the deal.Papelbon saved the game for Kyle Kendrick, who pitched perhaps his final game for Philadelphia. Kendrick (10-13) went seven innings, had three hits and drove in a run.Kendrick can become a free agent after the season but would prefer to remain with the Phillies.After I was done in the seventh, I soaked it up a little bit and looked around, he said. Ive been with these guys through a lot. It was a little emotional, Im not going to lie. I dont like change. If it happens, Ill deal with it.Using teammate Ryan Howards bat for the first time, Kendrick broke a scoreless tie with two outs in the seventh when he doubled home Darin Ruf. Kendrick also singled twice and hiked his average from .095 to .136.The right-hander allowed only one run despite giving up five extra-base hits. Papelbon pitched arouund a one-out double in the ninth, striking out Enrique Hernandez to end the game. Anton Forsberg Jersey. On an 84-degree night, the retractable roof at Marlins Park was open for the first time since May 23. The sultry weather seemed to suit both starting pitchers.Miamis Brad Hand allowed one run in seven innings. Marlon Byrd put the Phillies ahead to stay when he hit a one-out RBI single in the eighth off Chris Hatcher (0-3).Since losing slugger NL home run leader Giancarlo Stanton to a season-ending facial injury, the Marlins have scored less than three runs in nine of 12 games. They have one home run in the past nine games.Were having a tough time scoring, manager Mike Redmond said. We had some guys in scoring position and couldnt get a couple of hits to score some runs. Thats the way its been going since we lost G.TRAINERS ROOMPhillies: SS Jimmy Rollins has not run all-out to test the sore left hamstring that has sidelined him since Sept. 8, and its uncertain whether hell play again this season.UP NEXTMarlins RHP Tom Koehler (9-10, 3.76) makes his seventh and final attempt at his 10th victory in the series finale Thursday afternoon against Phils rookie RHP David Buchanan (6-8, 3.77 ERA). In six starts since Aug. 17, Koehler is 0-1 despite a 3.50 ERA.LHP Andrew Heaney (0-3, 5.33), the Marlins top prospect, will pitch the second game of a doubleheader Friday at Washington. It will be Heaneys first start since July 5.PAPELBONS RETURNPapelbon said hes looking forward to pitching in Philadelphia this weekend even though he expects fans will jeer him.I enjoy pitching there, he said. I dont let the boos get to me. They dont bother me. I dont hear them. I like pitching in that kind of environment. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Connections4life Forum Index -> Introductions & Personal stories About Living With A Chronic Illness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: