Connections4life Forum Index Connections4life
Online Support Communtiy

Connections4life 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

he Browns can speak with McDaniels this week because the Pat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Connections4life Forum Index -> Introductions & Personal Stories About Separation or Divorce
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wangshi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: he Browns can speak with McDaniels this week because the Pat Reply with quote

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers said he declined a chance to speak with owner Donald Sterling, who is alleged to have made racist comments in a recorded conversation. Kayvon Webster Jersey . "I was asked, do I need to talk with Donald, and I passed, quite honestly," Rivers said Monday. "I dont think right now is the time or the place, for me, at least. I just took a pass." Sterling is purported to have told a woman not to bring black people to his games or associate with them. "Yeah, I believe he said those things. But I still want to make sure," Rivers said during a conference call. "As far as believing those things? I heard what he said. Until someone tells me differently, you usually listen to what people say. I havent given him his due process. I havent given him an opportunity to explain himself and quite honestly right now I dont want him to. I want to wait for that further judgment." The coach cancelled practice Monday, a day after a 118-97 loss to the Golden State Warriors that evened their playoff series at 2-2. "I just felt like they needed to breathe. Theyve been inundated with this," Rivers said. Still, he said pretty much the entire team was at the clubs practice facility. "Ill go down and say hi to them and talk to them, make sure theyre in the right place. Right now its more than basketball. This is a non-basketball decision that I thought I had to make and I thought it was right decision. If you get your life better, then you can probably do your work better. They need to do that." Game 5 is Tuesday night in Los Angeles. "These last 48 hours or so have been really hard for our players and everyone," Rivers said. "Id just like to reiterate how disappointed I am in the comments attributed to our owner. I cant tell you how upset I am, our players are." Warriors coach Mark Jackson suggested that Clippers fans should boycott the game. "I believe if it was me, I wouldnt come to the game," Jackson said. "I believe the fans, the loudest statement that they can make as fans is to not show up to the game. ... To me, it will make the noise of it not being tolerated. That this is a different time. Its unfortunate, and we cannot allow someone with these feelings to profit." Rivers said he knew Jackson was speaking from his heart and that everyone has their opinion. "I dont share that. I hope its packed and people are cheering for us, the players. And they were cheering for the players before this happened. But if they feel differently, who can say theyre wrong? And Im not the one thats going to say that, I can tell you that." Rivers said its still to be determined whether he or a player will address the crowd. "Again, we dont know the right answer," Rivers said. "We want to do right here. We want to make the best decisions here. If we feel thats something will help our fans, then it will be done. If we feel its something they dont need, we wont do it. The tickets have already been sold. The fans, theyre in a dilemma as well. We want them to cheer for their players and their team. Because its still their players and their team, and it will be their players and their team. I think from what I get from the fans Ive heard from, thats how they feel, like, This is my team, these are my players Im cheering for, and thats not going to change. I hope that continues." Rivers said the controversy has been tough on his players. "What other players are going through Should I be playing thoughts in the middle of a playoff series? I sympathize for my players. They didnt sign on for this. Yet here they are and theyre in the middle of it and they have to deal with it. They didnt do anything wrong and theyre in the middle of it, and they didnt ask to be. I feel terrible for them. Im going to try to do whatever I can to make them OK." John Johnson Jersey .5 million. The 25-year-old Varlamov is thriving under first-year coach and Hall of Fame goaltender Patrick Roy, posting a 26-9-5 record with a 2. Johnny Hekker Jersey . Needing to bulk up on both sides of the line, the Falcons agreed to terms with guard Jon Asamoah, defensive end Tyson Jackson and defensive tackle Paul Soliai. Asamoah and Jackson played last season with Kansas City, where Asamoah lost his starting job. http://www.laramsfansshop.com/c-69-rams-cory-littleton-jersey.aspx . Jagr had a goal and two assists, Andy Greene scored 43 seconds into overtime and Marek Zidlicky had two goals as the Devils rallied past the Washington Capitals 5-4 Saturday night.CLEVELAND -- Todd Bowles was on the last coaching staff to get the Browns to the playoffs. He might get a chance to take them back. Bowles will interview for Clevelands head coaching job Friday, NFL Network reported Thursday. Bowles, who spent the past season as Arizonas defensive co-ordinator, was an assistant with the Browns from 2001-04, coaching defensive backs on Butch Davis staff. With Bowles, the Browns went to the AFC playoffs in 2002, their last visit and the only time theyve been to the post-season since their expansion reboot in 1999. Now, the team is looking for its fourth full-time coach in six years -- and seventh in 15 years -- after Rob Chudzinski was fired last week after one season. Bowles certainly has an impressive, varied resume. In his first year with the Cardinals, the 50-year-old Bowles helped Arizona to a 10-6 record. He spent 2012 with Philadelphia, starting the season coaching the secondary before finishing as defensive co-ordinator when Juan Castillo was fired. He was Miamis interim head coach for the final four games of the 2011 season after the Dolphins fired Tony Sparano. Bowles background with Cleveland will help his cause, so may his Arizona connection. Last season, the Browns hired former Cardinals defensive co-ordinator Ray Horton, who improved the unit but isnt expected to return. Bowles played safety for eight seasons in the NFL with Washington and San Francisco, winning a Super Bowl with the Redskins in 1988. An interview with Bowles would satisfy the Rooney Rule, requiring teams to meet with at least one minority candidate. Marshall Faulk Jersey. Bowles also is expected to interview for Minnesotas head coaching vacancy. The Browns are not commenting on their search or confirming any interviews. On Saturday, owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner are expected to meet with New England offensive co-ordinator Josh McDaniels, considered the favourite to replace Chudzinski, whose dismissal came after the Browns lost their last seven games and finished 4-12. The team has also reportedly met with Seattle defensive co-ordinator Dan Quinn. McDaniels has long been connected to Clevelands job because of his relationship with Browns general manager Michael Lombardi. When McDaniels was fired as Denvers coach after going 11-17 in 2010, Lombardi condemned the move and said the young coach would grow from the experience with the Broncos and develop into a successful coach the way Bill Belichick did. The Browns can speak with McDaniels this week because the Patriots have a first-round bye. There are also reports the team is interested in meeting with Auburn coach Gus Malzahn, who is preparing his team for the BCS national championship game against Florida State on Monday night. Malzahn has no NFL coaching experience, but hes seen as an offensive innovator much like Chip Kelly, who was at the top of Clevelands wish list last year before he signed with Philadelphia. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Connections4life Forum Index -> Introductions & Personal Stories About Separation or Divorce All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: