Connections4life Forum Index Connections4life
Online Support Communtiy

Connections4life 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ive been working at it all year long. Its going to come,&quo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Connections4life Forum Index -> Introductions & Personal stories About Living With A Chronic Illness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wangshi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Ive been working at it all year long. Its going to come,&quo Reply with quote

LONDON - Lionel Messi left FIFAs awards ceremony without a personal accolade again. Amari Cooper Jersey . Collecting a copy of FIFAs weekly magazine on the way out might have been worthwhile if he really needs to convince Barcelona of his ongoing value.Flick through to Sepp Blatters musing, and the FIFA president declares: Barcelona would scarcely have become the gold standard in European football without Lionel Messis 400 goals.Such an ego-boost will hardly make up for seeing Cristiano Ronaldo collect the Ballon DOr for the second successive year. With commercial strategies now as scrutinized as the coachs tactics in football, the perception is that Real Madrid was more active lobbying for Ronaldo than Barcelona was for its four-time Ballon DOr winner.Messi hardly gave the perception of being a loyal Barcelona employee when he faced the cameras in Zurich. Rather than just responding to the inevitable question about his future with the usual declaration of loyalty to the club that turned him into one of the best players of all time, the Argentina captain seemed intentionally ambiguous.I am not sure where I will be next year, said the academy graduate under contract at the Camp Nou until 2019.Nobody knows what the future holds. Much less in the case of the football world, where so many things can change overnight.Thats particularly true when Messis relationship with the Barcelona board and coach Luis Enrique is reputed to be far from harmonious. Occasionally even a player as gifted as Messi needs to be indulged, not just in his pay packet.Hes not as straightforward as he used to be, Esteve Calzada, former Barcelona chief marketing and commercial officer, told The Associated Press. He would say, Barcelona is my own team. I will retire here. Something went wrong ... hes older, maybe prepared to listen to other things. I find it difficult to believe he will spend his whole career at Barcelona.The all-time top scorer in the Champions League is undoubtedly coveted, but when you are the most talented player alongside Ronaldo your freedom of movement becomes limited.There are the four years remaining on his contract and a 250 million-euro ($295-million) buyout clause. Then factor in Messis ability to command an annual gross salary of 50 million euros ($59 million). A club could need the ability to cover 500 million euros ($590 million) over five years to fund the signing of the 27-year-old forward a potential cost on the balance sheets of 100 million euros ($118 million) a season.In European football, that is far tougher with clubs losses restricted under UEFAs Financial Fair Play regulations. English clubs have the edge potentially over Barcas other European rivals because of the wealth generated from Premier League and Champions League television revenue.For any club thinking of buying Messi, there would be some eye-watering numbers to consider, said sports lawyer Daniel Geey of London-based Fieldfisher. There are only a few clubs that have such deep pockets.Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain with their UEFA imposed FFP spending restrictions would be hard placed to finance such a transfer, yet it may not be beyond the realms of possibility for Chelsea, Manchester United or Bayern Munich to finance such a deal through profits made, selling existing players or finding additional revenue streams to cover such expenditure.Why, though, would Barcelona contemplate selling Messi? Particularly when the end of the season sees early presidential elections at the fan-owned team. Also factor in that any fee received in the summer transfer window could not be reinvested until 2016 due to a ban on any transfers imposed by FIFA for breaching rules on signing minors.For the current board it would not be good for them to go to the election with the fact they would be selling the best player in the club history, Calzada said. And what would they do with the money?In the absence of the usual campaign pledges to sign players, extending the Argentines contract could become an election tool.The official word from Barcelona on Wednesday was that Messi is not for sale.We all think that Messi will be at Barcelona for years to come, that is what all (Barcelona fans) want, Enrique said. We dont contemplate a squad without Messi.One day, of course, that will come. Whether that is at the end of his career or when Barcelona finds an opportune moment to cash in on his brilliance might not become clear for a few more years.Barcelona is a very demanding environment, said Calzada, chief executive of London-based Prime Time Sport, which represents players and advises clubs. His type of play is based on speed. As he will get older, he will not always be the best player in the world.___Rob Harris can be followed at www.twitter.com/RobHarris DeAndre Washington Jersey . - The fiancee of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez is set to ask a judge to throw out allegations that she lied to a grand jury. Marshall Newhouse Jersey . -- Isaiah Pead took a stutter step forward, then raced to the left sideline and travelled 60 yards up the field before finally getting tripped up by a leg tackle. http://www.shoptheraidersonline.com/Elite-Willie-Brown-Raiders-Jersey/ . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. MILWAUKEE -- Jean Segura smiled in his first game at Miller Park since returning to the Milwaukee Brewers following the death of his 9-month-old son. The shortstop still grieves, but it will be nights like the one Segura had in a 5-2 victory Monday over the Cincinnati Reds that will provide some distraction. Segura went 2 for 3 with a triple and scored two runs, and Milwaukee took advantage of two misjudged balls in the outfield by Chris Heisey to hand Cincinnati its fourth straight loss. "It was a tough week for me, and for my family, too," Segura said. "I (came) here, worked, trying to do the best I can to help the team." The 24-year-old Segura took bereavement leave after learning of son Janniels death following a 7-6 loss on July 11 to the St. Louis Cardinals. He went home to the Dominican Republic before returning to the club after the All-Star break for the weekend series in Washington. Segura said he wasnt nervous coming back to play before his hometown fans. Manager Ron Roenicke said he thought Segura was back mentally into the game. "Hes still going to have those times when he thinks about it, but I liked when he first came back," Roenicke said. "I thought it was really important for him to know that the team was behind him." Wily Peralta (11-6) allowed three hits, including Billy Hamiltons solo homer, in seven innings. Francisco Rodriguez threw a 1-2-3 ninth for his 29th save. Cincinnatis Mat Latos (2-2) gave up four earned runs and eight hits in seven innings. It could have been a much closer game had Heisey made those two plays in left. The lights were on at Miller Park for an evening game that started under overcast skies, though Heisey seemed to be most bothered by the conditions. "Tonight was just one of those nights where I didnt have a very good day," Heisey said. Three runs scored on the two plays. In the third, Ryan Braun hit a two-run double that Heisey took a couple of steps in on before retreating as the high liner went over his head. Fred Biletnikoff Jersey. The four-year veteran with 134 career starts in left field lost Carlos Gomezs high fly ball to the warning track in the fourth inning that turned into an RBI ground-rule double that made it 4-0. Arms turned upward near his waist, Heisey looked lost as the ball bounced a couple of feet away. Heisey tried to reach for the ball as it caromed over the wall, and Segura scored from second on a play that could have gotten Latos out of the inning. "I ended up running to a perfect spot, just couldnt pick the ball back up when I turned my head," Heisey said. "It just disappeared into the bluish-white sky. I couldnt find the ball." Gomez then scored on an error by Donald Lutz, subbing for the injured Joey Votto at first base. An errant relay throw by second baseman Ramon Santiago in the third inning allowed Segura, who had tripled, to score. Segura, who has been struggling all season at the plate, has his average back up to .236. He has been driving the ball more of late. "Ive been working at it all year long. Its going to come," he said. The Reds lost again after resuming the season with a three-game sweep by the New York Yankees. Manager Bryan Price was ejected Monday in the sixth inning by home plate umpire David Rackley after Devin Mesoraco got into a heated argument over a called third strike on a checked swing. NOTES: Reds OF Jay Bruce, in an 0-for-15 slump, got the night off. ... The last four homers hit by Hamilton have come against the Brewers. ... A kitchen fire at a Miller Park restaurant early Monday morning left the restaurant, escalators, elevators and a few other areas in left field unusable because of water damage. ... Cincinnatis Homer Bailey (8-5) opposes Milwaukees Jimmy Nelson (1-1) on Tuesday night. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Connections4life Forum Index -> Introductions & Personal stories About Living With A Chronic Illness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: